ABOUT THE CENTRE
SUCCLS is a research centre run by the office of the Vice –Chancellor for Research of Shiraz University established in 2005.
The qualitative growth of children's literature publications is dependent on the qualitative growth of criticism (as far as both the creator and the critic of a given work are concerned). Similarly, criticism is rooted in theorization, which in turn develops from methodical studies. Therefore, the Shiraz University Centre for Children's Literature Studies (SUCCLS) has made concerted efforts to establish children's literature as an academic discipline, and conduct fundamental researches in children's literature as well as sponsor the same with the purpose of expanding the depth and breadth of children's literature theory and criticism. It is presumed that the methodical research in children's literature will not be materialized unless children's literature is established as an academic discipline.
In line with this vision, SUCCLS has set an agenda to:
- Start MA programs in children's literature at Iranian universities
- Publish an academic journal in Children's Literature
- Write and translate significant books in Children's Literature theory and criticism
- Establish a specialized library of Children's Literature, produce data bases and documents center as well as rich photo and film archives, and design the related software and set up appropriate computer systems in Shiraz University
- Design and develop Children's Literature research projects with grants from national and international organizations and institutions
- Organize national and international seminars and conferences to share the latest findings in Children's Literature and harmonize the findings of other branches of knowledge (literature, psychology, education, linguistics, sociology, etc.) for a better appreciation of Children's Literature
- Organize biannual Children's Literature Research Festivals and select and introduce outstanding studies in the field
- Offer Children's Literature courses at the departments of Persian and English Language and Literature in all Iranian universities
- Encourage MA and Ph.D students to do their theses in Children's Literature
- Exchange experiences with similar national and international institutions.